[nsp] RIB failure when using backdoor network

Gert Doering gert@greenie.muc.de
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:16:40 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:12:28PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > Which is something I don't understand either.  We're running our backbone
> > on 7200/7500, and would really like to roll out IPv6 - but definitely no
> > way to go to 12.2T yet.
>
> 	yeah.. because !(12.2 > 12.0)

I don't fully understand what you're trying to tell me - but I was just
judging from other ISP's experiences.  12.2T on backbone routers (doing
IPv4 BGP, IPv6 BGP, IPv4 OSPF and IPv4 PIM/MBGP) is Really Bad.

12.2(11)T1 seems to be the first image that doesn't do Very Bad Things
immediately, but I still don't trust that train.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de