[nsp] Stable 6500 hybrid code?

Martin Cooper mjc@cooper.org.uk
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:05:38 +0000

Steve Francis <steve@expertcity.com> writes:

> What are the current recommendations anyone has
> for stable 6500 code, for hybrid mode SupII/MSFC2?
>
> (Fairly vanilla BGP, OSPF, HSRP, with some PBR)
>
> We have been running 6.3(6) CatOS,  12.1(8b)E9 IOS.

6.3(10)/12.1(11b)E4 are working fine for us with
HA+SRM, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, PBR and PIM sparse-mode
(we had to downgrade from 12.1(13)E when we moved
up from 6.3(9) because the MSFC2 was persistently
failing to come on-line after a Sup2/MSFC2 reset).

> However, this morning we got inconsistency on the CEF tables
> in the switch and the router.  At first it looked like a RPF
> error (switch would inconsistently drop packets only if the
> source address was routed out one particular peering.) Yet
> RPF counters did not increment.

6.3(10) appears to have fixed a problem with the
inband channel being reset during FIB downloads,
causing inconsistent entries on the Supervisor.

Cheers,

Martin
--
Martin Cooper                  CCNP, CCDP
Network Engineer    Network Systems Group