[nsp] Configuring Cisco 1700 router.

Erik Enge eenge@prium.net
25 Nov 2002 17:43:03 -0500

Hi.

I'm trying to configure a Cisco 1700 router.  In the manual that came
with the router it says [under the "Configuring a Leased Line" chapter]
that I should, among other things, execute the following command:

    ipx routing 0000.0caa.1111

First off, I'm not sure that I need IPX.  Second, when I try to do that,
it respons with:

    Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

And the ^ is under the "x" in "ipx".

When I try:

    show interface ser0

it tells me that:

    Serial0 is up, link protocol is down.

I've followed the guide so that I should be running on the 192.168.12.0
subnet and the router is hooked into the plug in the wall, so to speak,
but still the link protocol is down.

Any hints or tips would be highly appreciated,

Erik Enge
Software Engineer
Professional Reviews Inc.