[nsp] Cat6500 reflexive ACL issues.

Antoine Versini vox@t-online.fr
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:56:32 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, David J. Hughes wrote:

> You may also find that the IOS version you are running has a
> direct impact on your TCAM utilisation.  Below is the results
> of some lab testing I did a few months ago using the config
> from a production 6509 under different IOS images.
>
> Image			Labels	Masks	Entries	LOU
> 12.1(12c)E1		80		1084	2572		16
> 12.1(11b)E3		80		1214	2572		16
> 12.1(8b)E9		84		1240	2587		16
>
> I can only assume that there were significant changes made
> to the optimiser in the ACL compiler in 12c.

Hi,

I ran into a similar TCAM limitation problem yesterday :

Nov 27 18:49:22.604 CEST: %FM-4-TCAM_CAPMAP: Interface Vlan500 hardware
TCAM LOU usage capability exceeded
Nov 27 18:49:22.604 CEST: %FM-4-RACL_REDUCED: Interface Vlan500 routed
traffic will be software switched in egress direction(s)

I solved the problem removing some unused ACL from the configuration but I
didn't changed any of the used ACL and strangely the impacted interface
(Vlan500) is managed by hardware again (as shown in a «show fm features»).
I wasn't aware even unused ACL are compiled and pushed into the TCAM.

I run hybrid code with 12.1(8b)E7 MSFC IOS. I'm wondering what command
allowed you to obtain the number of LOU used ?

Regards,
Antoine.

--
Antoine Versini
IP Networks Project Manager / T-Online France - Club-Internet