[nsp] IOS 12.0 S-train for VXR

Alex Rubenstein alex@nac.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:55:20 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I have to say that 12.1 mainline, and 12.2T have been working quite well
for us on 7200 [VXR]s, with NSE-1's and NPE-300's.

The 7200's we have are generally swiss-army knife (IPv4, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP,
ISIS, PPPOE, PPP, HDLC, ATM, FR, CT3, CEF, CAR, Radius, TACACS) -- one or
two of ours do all of the above on a single box. The most loaded on has
about 250 ATM PVC's, 150 PPPOE sessions, and moves about 20 mbit/sec (not
lots of traffic, I know).

cust1.nwr>sho proc c
CPU utilization for five seconds: 13%/12%; one minute: 23%; five minutes: 25%

He is also a route-reflector client with 4 or 5 eBGP feeds.