[nsp] Fwd: IP QoS with FR/ATM?

Tom Scott telecomtom@vedatel.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:08:51 -0400

J,

You could be asking about the mechanics of how the cells, frames and packets
get "marked". I don't know if Cisco has shared that with us (customers). But
I remember finding something about L3-to-L2 QoS mappings in one of the many
CCO docs I've browsed, and I even put the chart on a wall, something like
this:
             L2     L3 IP         L3
             CoS    Precedence    DSCP
voice RTP    5      5             EF
voice RTCP   3      3             AF31
video        4      4             AF41
data         0-2    0-2           0-AF23

Beware of typos.

-- TT