[nsp] Time limiting ISDN connections

Dave [Hawk-Systems] dave@hawk-systems.com
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:06:14 -0400

Cisco 800 and 1000 series connecting to AS5300 access server.

Would like to limit some ISDN clients to "business hours" only, or "off peak"
hours.

With RADIUS we can determine the time of the login request and validate against
the hours that client is allowed to be connected and auth or not auth based on
that.

Can we send an AVpair down to the router to instructed it (or the NAS) to
disconnect the ISDN call(s) at the appointed time...  Say use is allowed to log
in from 6am to 6pm...  instructed a dialup request at 5pm to disconnect in 1
hour.

Would prefer to initiate from the RADIUS server, and avoid having to kick
accounts via SNMP or mannual login to the NAS (messy).

thanks

Dave