[nsp] OSPF

odusseus odusseus@voila.fr
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:54:30 +0200

Hi,

I am making some experiments and I have a problem when OSPF is running.

This is the net topology where R3 is never running any routing protocol.

Router1----Router2----Router3

R1 has a loopback IP address pingable from R2 and R3.

I set up an loopback interface on R2 whith the same IP address as R1, but I keep the loopback interface of R2 shuted down.

Now if OSPF is not running between R1 and R2, R3 can ping R1 loopback interface.

But if OSPF is running between R1 and R2, then R3 cannot ping R1 loopback interface. (although I set it up as passive-interface.) Why?

If someone has an idea to share with me, he is more than welcome.

Thank you.

Regards,

Christophe