[nsp] Docsic Cable modem / Cisco cmts ubr 7246

Scott Morris swm@emanon.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:47:57 -0400

In the config file, you can set max-cpe to 1.  Otherwise, if you want to
control per PC, you can make the restrictions on the DHCP server-side
(limit to "known" MAC address (manual config)).  You may be able to set
individual filters up on the cable modems, but it'll depend on their
capabilities and specified in the additional filename (in the docsis
config).

Also, if you have controlled it via the max-cpe 1 and know that
everything is supposed to register with your DHCP server to get it's IP,
on the CMTS, if you use the "cable source-verify dhcp", your CMTS will
validate through the DHCP server any new IP address that comes through
the upstream to make sure someone isn't just hocking an unused IP.

Hope that helps,

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Raj P Panchal
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 3:06 AM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] Docsic Cable modem / Cisco cmts ubr 7246

dear all,
I am using docsis 1.0 surfboard cable modem . I am using Cisco
ubr7246 cmts . The cable modem configuration file is created using
Cisco docsis cpe configurator v3.6 . I would like to restrict
access to Internet through the cable modem from only particular
cpe ( pc ) with particular ip address . can any one help me out
how to do that ???

thanks
raj