[nsp] MPLS: a couple of questions

Pierfrancesco Caci Pierfrancesco Caci <p.caci@seabone.net>
23 Oct 2002 10:35:40 +0200

Hello,
I would like to know if there are limitations for MPLS and OSPF: do
all routers that have to share a vpn need to be on the same OSPF area?

Is it possible to have MPLS over MPLS? In other words, can a customer
of mine that sees his routers connected with VPNs (without seeing my
backbone) in turn sell VPNs to _his_ customers ?

(cust_of_cust)--(my customer)--(my backbone)--(my customer)--(cust_of_cust)
(    pop A   )  (   pop A   )                 (   pop B   )  (   pop B    )

The general idea here is that "my customer" is a separate branch of
our company and we (the backbone) don't want them to mess either with
our OSPF area 0 or with our existing mpls configuration.

Thanks

Pf

--

     This E-Mail has NOT been scanned for viruses, so it may be NOT CLEAN.
                         Wash your hands before meals.

 Pierfrancesco Caci |            System Administrator @ seabone.net
 p.caci@seabone.net |     Telecom Italia S.p.A. - International Wholesale Svcs
     Linux paperino 2.4.20-pre5 #1 Tue Sep 10 16:45:34 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux