[nsp] relevance of ibgp in private mobile transit backbones?

padma krishnaswamy kri234@hotmail.com
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 19:30:54 +0000

Sorry about the HTML. It's off now. and thanks much for the input- most
appreciated
regards

Padma

>From: Ryan O'Connell To: padma krishnaswamy , cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
>Subject: Re: [nsp] relevance of ibgp in private mobile transit backbones?
>Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:22:35 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
>
>Please turn off HTML mail when posting to the list. It makes your message
>very hard to read.
>
>On Sun, 08 Sep 2002 18:19:18 +0000 padma krishnaswamy wrote: >
a question that i hope is not too off topic for this list.

The convention (to transmit BGP  acquired routes cross
> > network) is to use IBGP in transit nets. IBGP is chosen to > spare the
>IGP-related complications caused by needing to carry large > numbers of BGP
>routes if an IGP were used to do so , and not IBGP. >
If the scenario is one where

1) the number of BGP routes at each border gateway may be much
> > lower than for the commercial internet

2)the transit network consists of relatively mobile nodes -thus
> > making  tcp meshes rather tricky to maintain-

what scales (total no of routes across all border routers) is it