[nsp] Cisco <-> Riverstone BGP communities

Chris Roberts croberts@bongle.co.uk
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:11:11 +0000

Has anyone had any experience or problems with BGP between Riverstone
and Cisco equipment? I've just had to disable sending communities on a
connection to one of my customers with Riverstone kit, which suddenly
started flapping 2-3 days ago. This has cured the issue, but isn't
optimal, obviously.
I've had to use 'neighbor x dont-capability-negotiate' in the past to
stop BGP trying to negotiate BGP4+ for some issues like this, however
the code train on the Cisco our end doesn't seem to support this command.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
--
|  Chris Roberts (croberts@bongle.co.uk)  |