[nsp] BGP community issue or provider issue?

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:12:34 -0400 (EDT)

Many times.  I even resorted to resetting the connection once just in case
this router wasn't doing the right thing with soft out.

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Harold Ritter wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Have you tried forcing the outbound updates to go through the newly policy
> with the following commned:
>
> clear ip bgp <neighbor address> soft outbound.
>

> BTW: resetting the connection will do it to but is more intrusive.
>
> At 08:21 AM 9/14/2002 -0400, jlewis@lewis.org wrote:
> >On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Arie Vayner wrote:
> >
> > > You are right, there is no need in a match line. Ignoring it just executes
> > > the set commands on everything.
> > > What you are doing is perfectly correct, assuming the community has any
> > > meaning to the provider.
> > >
> > > What does the filter list filter? Maybe this is the problem?
> >
> >The filter list is just a small as-path access-list that only allows
> >routes with certain as-paths (i.e. no path, or a few ^_(customer-as_)+$)
> >to be advertised to the transit providers.
> >
> >The same filter list is applied to the uunet session, and doesn't cause
> >any problems with communities on that one.
> >
> >I guess it's time to post to nanog looking for a Sprint routing engineer
> >with clue.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something first.

> Harold Ritter, CCIE 4168
> Advanced Network Services - ISP East
> Cisco Systems
> 300 Apollo Drive
> Chelmsford, MA 01824 USA
> Phone: 978 497 3129
> Fax: 978 497 3129
> Cisco Systems- "Empowering the Internet Generation."

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |