[nsp] simulate large amount of dialin-users?

Siva Valliappan svalliap@cisco.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:38:57 -0700 (PDT)

the approach you are following should work.  in prev. incarnation
when i was doing a fair bit of BBA testing, it's a technique i used.
unfortunately i didn't keep any configs handy  :(

some suggestions on things to look for -

3640 client -- ATM -- 3640 LAC -- 7200 LNS

i assume you can bring up the ATM connection between the client and
LAC fine?

test the ATM connection by configuring a 1483 routed PVC, and ensure
you can ping back and forth.

then configure the client side for PPPoA for 1 PVC.
on the vtemplate you may want to use "ip address negotiated" to
get an address from the other side.

on the 3640 LAC, first configure it to terminate PPPoA.  configure
a pool, and let it assign an address.

if PPPoA comes up, you know you are fine till then.

the next step would be to check connectivity between the LAC and
LNS (ping, etc).

the next step would to convert the LAC from terminating the session
to actually tunnelling it (based on username, etc).

if the tunnel doesn't come up, run "debug vpdn l2x-events",
"debug vpdn l2x-errors" on both the LAC and LNS and it will help you.
you should also run "debug ppp event" "debug ppp error"

if i find my configs, i will send it to you.

cheers
.siva