[nsp] Pix 6.2 TurboACL

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Wed Apr 2 08:47:44 EST 2003

Who uses or knows anything about TurboACLs?

I understand how in enable TurboACLs.  And I've read that it speeds up
checking ACLs.  I also understand the added memory usage.

With that said,
1. How does it compile the ACL for faster use?  (i'm not finding a lot
on cisco's site about what is happening behind the config)
2. will I have problems updating TurboACLs?  I currently have the ACL in
notepad and paste it in with new changes.

Thanks

Scott Voll
Network Analyst, CCNA
Willamette ESD
Phone: (503) 385-4571
scott.voll at wesd.org

Confidential
This E-Mail and any attachments transmitted with it are property of
Willamette ESD and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this E-Mail is
addressed.  If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you have received this E-Mail in error,
please notify me at scott.voll at wesd.org  and delete this E-Mail and any
attachments.  Any other use, retention, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited.