[nsp] Redistribution ospf in eigrp

Roberto Paoletti rob.paol at iol.it
Tue Apr 15 11:09:36 EDT 2003

Hi guys,

i have a  router 3660 for convert the traffic ospf in traffic eigrp ;
this is the configuration :

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 10.204.2.1 255.255.252.0
 speed 100
 full-duplex
 no cdp enable
!
router eigrp 1
 redistribute static
 redistribute ospf 1 metric 48 1000 255 100 1500
 network 10.0.0.0
 default-metric 64 100 255 100 1500
 no auto-summary
 no eigrp log-neighbor-changes
!
router ospf 1
 log-adjacency-changes
 redistribute eigrp 1 metric 64000 subnets
 network 10.204.0.0 0.0.3.255 area 0

this because in my topology we have principal the routing eigrp, but
there are some device that speaks only ospf (Core Builder 3Com).
I see too much traffic broadcast, and i'd like to know if when convert
the routing ospf in eigrp this traffic is normal or not.

Sh interface :

1445068124 packets input, 3317574901 bytes
     Received 42144813 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles

For complete the topology of network, there are 4 routers 7200 for DLSw
, and i seen in the interface of bridge thera are a lot of broadcast in
input.

Can someone help me?

Thanks
Regards