[nsp] Cisco 3660 Password Recovery

Richard Gallagher rgallagh at cisco.com
Fri Apr 18 18:02:51 EDT 2003

Clayton,

If you really have "no service password-recovery" set then you are not going
to be able to get the original config back, there is no way. The only option
you have it to set the router back to factory defults. Follow the procedure
below:

1. Boot the system
2. Wait until after the system decompresses the IOS image:

Self decompressing the image :

3. Hit break within five seconds.
4. The 3600 will ask if you want to reset the router to the factory default
configuration:

PASSWORD RECOVERY IS DISABLED.
Do you want to reset the router to factory default
configuration and proceed [y/n] ? y
Reset router configuration to factory default.

HTH,

Rich