[nsp] 7206 NPE-200 with PA-A3-8T1IMA for DSL aggregation problems

Denise Sandell dsandell at voyager.net
Wed Apr 23 12:56:26 EDT 2003

Greetings:

I'm experiencing problems with this configuration for DSL aggregation,
and was hoping for some advice:

7206 NPE-200 w/64MB RAM, PA-A3-8T1IMA running 12.2(16)

First of all, 12.2(16) is quite the ram-hog, so I'm running with ~3MB
free memory.  Previous to running 16, I was running 12.2(13), which
had its own set of issues (like random reloading when configuring
BVIs), yet it ran with ~10MB free.

This router is aggregating DSL customers on 2 ATM T1s (no IMA group
configured), using IRB, and I'm running into problems where they're
intermittently unable to pass traffic over the BVIs.  There are
approximately 120 customers terminated to this router with about ~25 BVIs
configured.  This does not seem to affect other traffic on the router at
all, other interfaces tx/rx normally.

The questions I have are:

. Has anyone else run into this problem?
. Will upgrading to 128MB fix the problem?
. Are there other suggested images to run (12.0 or 12.2 track) for
  such a configuration before attempting to upgrade memory?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

--
- Denise Sandell                                 network operations -
- dsandell at voyager.net              voyager.net, a CoreComm company -