[nsp] 7206 NPE-200 with PA-A3-8T1IMA for DSL aggregation problems

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Wed Apr 23 13:03:09 EDT 2003

you probably want to move away from an IRB style configuration to an
RBE mode of configuration which is much more higher performing.  not
sure of your specific problem, but the recommended solution for
aggregation of bridged DSL ATM customers is RBE, and this is the more
intensely tested solution.

for more information you can take a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093e43.shtml

it also gives you support for multiple DHCP extensions.  including typing
RBE interface to provide Option 82 support so that you can limit the
number of IP addresses that are given out to each interface, etc.

cheers
.siva