[nsp] 7500: catos+ios vs ios (Hybrid & Native IOS)

Octave oles at ovh.net
Thu Apr 24 02:08:38 EDT 2003

Hello,
Reading this document on cisco's site:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper09186a00800c8441.shtml
I can't found out which Hybrid or Native solution is _better_.

I just read somewhere that Hybrid solution is no more developped.
Is is true ?

What about the bugs ? Does Hybrid solution work work fine ?

I have an 6509 with 2xsup1a/pcf/msfc2 with 256ram each.
Running on catos with "system highavailability" when I
reset a sup cart, layer 2 is down 4-5 secondes max. And
I have 2 routers inside 1 box (layer3: ospf/bgp) !!
That is why I want to use Hybrid solution (even if it is
a little bit more complicated to setup since I have to
switch betten catos and ios)

Does it make sense to have 2xsup with native ios ? I read
somewhere HSRP is the only solution to have highavailability
with ios and it does not work very well ? Any experiance ?

Thanks for help
Octave