[nsp] RE: Route maps versus access-lists in NAT

Pete Templin pete.templin at texlink.com
Thu Apr 24 16:57:07 EDT 2003

Ah, a question that I can answer.  NAT can use standard access lists or route maps, but can't directly use extended access lists.  So if you want to use extended access lists to classify whether traffic should be NATted, you'll need to embed the ACL in a route map.

Pete Templin
IP Network Engineer
TexLink Communications
(210) 892-4183