[Re: [RE: [[nsp] PIX log analysis]]]

Joshua Sahala joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Fri Apr 25 16:32:29 EDT 2003

i don't have any pix's in my network so i dont' have to worry
about that right now (which of course partially invalidates my
post since he was asking for something to do pix...doh)

so for a bad case of foot-in-mouth like mine, would you suggest
a podiatrist or an orthodontist? ;)

Ed Ravin <eravin at panix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:52:45PM -0400, Joshua Sahala wrote:
> > kiwi was pretty easy, but all of the cool features only came in the
> > pay-to-play copy :(
> >
> > for all of my cisco hardware, i define a facility number then point
> > it at my syslog box (solaris2.6 with the standard syslog daemon).
>
> I don't think that will work with a PIX - don't they require a syslog
> server that will accept messages via TCP?  You'd need syslog-ng for
> that.

"Walk with me through the Universe,
 And along the way see how all of us are Connected.
 Feast the eyes of your Soul,
 On the Love that abounds.
 In all places at once, seemingly endless,
 Like your own existence."
     - Stephen Hawking -