[nsp] limit connections per-source-ip on pix or localdir?

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Fri Aug 1 11:59:43 EDT 2003

You could probably do it implementing outside NAT on the box.  Although
I would warn you that this is a huge pain in the ass for watching the
logic of the box depending on how many interfaces and things you have
going on!  But you COULD do it that way.  Because it's during the NAT
processing that the number of connections is checked.

I'm not sure I'd use a 515 to do this due to the extra processing, but
again this would depend on the amount of traffic going through it and
what your load/connections really is.  I'm assuming you have quite a few
if you are picking 1000 to be the maximum.

Anyway, something to think about on the PIX.

Scott