[nsp] Channelized DS3

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Aug 4 11:11:42 EDT 2003

"Temkin, David" <temkin at sig.com> writes:

> You're going to have to go to at least the 7200 series... If you want
> something relatively cheap to do it in and don't need much expandability,
> the 7401 is a great deal..  You can get one PA (the CT3 PA I'd assume) in
> there.

I respectfully disagree - If you want something relatively cheap and
don't need much expandability (or the ability to hold more than 1 BGP
view), a secondhand non-VXR 7206 or 7204 with an NPE150 or NPE200 will
do you just fine, and at a fraction of the street price of a new 7401
(you also get extra slots in the bargain).

Unfortunately, the channelized T3 interface is going to be your
biggest cost.  the PA-MC-T3 and PA-MC-2T3 cards have gotten a lot more
expensive in recent months... time was they were down to sub-$2k on
eBay; now they're back up over $4k.

                                        ---Rob