[nsp] Channelized DS3

Temkin, David temkin at sig.com
Mon Aug 4 11:15:42 EDT 2003

True.  I've priced both out and it's a tough call, but a second-hand non-VXR
7200 will still set you back at least $5500 versus the $7500 of the 7401,
and later on down the road he could swap out that CT3 PA for an OC-3 PA and
not choke, versus a second hand 7200 w/ an NPE-200.  You also won't have
end-of-life hardware that Cisco doesn't develop software for anymore sans
bug fixes.  The 7401 also has the same processing capability of the NSE-1.

It's a very good uni-purpose box.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps354/index.html