[nsp] BGP, best way to balance outgoging traffic

Kenny Sallee k_sallee at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:23:02 EDT 2003

I wouldn't solve this problem with PBR.  I'd assume
that if providers a+b both go away for some reason,
you'd want the other 2 prefixes to route through
provider c+d automatically.  Also PBR can be very load
intensive; it can kill your CPU.  Check out NetVMG
www.netvmg.com.  They build a box that I believe will
do this for you.

If I knew more about your interior network behind the
BGP routers I might be able to come up with something
else.

Kenny