[nsp] DSL customers seeing each other (fwd)

Rick G eklists at crtservices.net
Fri Aug 15 12:50:12 EDT 2003

> Hi--
>
> I asked a couple of related questions recently on the cisco-bba list.
> One is about DSL users [not] seeing each other when they are aggregated
> via IRB, and whether there is any q&d fix I can do to make that happen.
> The other is about migrating from IRB to RBE (which will, probably,
> solve the first question but not immediately).

This is a problem in a bridge configuration regardless of your setup (IRB or
RBE) - it will occur with all
customer's within the same interface / sub-interface (it's a broadcast storm
/ security feature.../bug for some).  Since you are in Verizon EAST
territory and the recipient of their horrible Redback Bridge Configuration,
your only option is to pay them for their "Direct PVC" service, which allows
you to pay them additional money every month to fix their network and offer
you a direct routed connection off a switch.  Check
http://www.westnet.com/verizonisp/.  There is a group for ISP's that are
Verizon ADSL customers with ATM DS3 / DS1 that might be able to assist on
the IRB to RBE conversion and not bore the other users on this list with
crap we have to put up with to support ourselves on Verizon's network
(unless of course the users on this list wish to laugh at us for putting up
with it....)

Eric