[nsp] Cisco problem

Siva Valliappan svalliap at cisco.com
Sat Aug 16 13:00:20 EDT 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:47:47AM -0700, Steve Francis wrote:
> > > That's news to me.  Any cco reference?

i am not aware of this recommendation.  we do not support CEF with
certain WAN encaps such as SMDS.  we also did not support CEF with
certain encaps at first, e.g. MLPPP.  but in any current code,
all WAN encaps except for SMDS (and maybe X25) should be supported.
so it is recommended you use CEF with your WAN links.  if you find a
document that says otherwise, please send it to me, and i will try to
get it corrected.

cheers
.siva