[nsp] cat2800 - console access/password recovery

Noneya Bidness datgrl at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:16:30 EDT 2003

Hello,

We recently got our hands on a 2800 that we would like to use to provide
some temporary
connections.  We don't know the password and the previous owner/admin isn't
around
any more.  I found some documentation on the Cisco web site and it looks
like if we could
get into the switch it would be easy enough to change everything.  However,
it looks like they changed the console settings because the normal 8n1/69600
baud
settings aren't working.  I've tried a couple of different cables, both of
which work on
other Cisco devices with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.  If you would reply directly to me, I can
summarize to
the list if there is interest.

Thanks in advance.

Kim Long