[nsp] EtherChannel

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Mon Dec 1 09:31:14 EST 2003

* Olav.Langeland at activeisp.com (Olav Langeland) [Mon 01 Dec 2003, 15:01 CET]:

> Setup is Cisco 7513 <- EtherChannel -> Catalyst switch with 2 or more
> FastEthernet ports. I don't want to do anything fancy, just to make the
> total bandwidth available for the router more than 100Mbit, even though
> if one stream is limited to max 100Mbit.
> Will this work efficiently and can it be used in an ISP environment?

As explained, depends on your Catalyst.  If it's capable of spreading
the load over the two lines that make up the trunk based on something
besides destination MAC address (as Sup2 and up can), then you should
be able to get significantly more than 100 Mbps over the trunk, given
a few different streams.

	-- Niels.