[nsp] EtherChannel

atticus at satanic.org atticus at satanic.org
Mon Dec 1 14:11:36 EST 2003

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094714.shtml

> I don't want to do anything fancy, just to make the total bandwidth
> available for the router more than 100Mbit, even though if one stream is
> limited to max 100Mbit.
>
> Will this work efficiently and can it be used in an ISP environment?

As mentioned, it may or may not, entirely depends on the traffic mix. If
you can't stomach a GEIP/GEIP+, look at solving this from a routing
perspective -- even if you don't get good distribution, you're atleast in
control of it, whereas w/ etherchannel its a roll of the dice...