[nsp] IOS recommendation for DSL aggregation

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Tue Dec 2 20:09:18 EST 2003

I'm digging into a project to move several DSL hub circuits (ATM DS3s)
from older / some non-Cisco gear onto a Cisco 7206VXR.  I've used the
feature navigator on the CCO to locate a suitable image (need CEF, PPPoE,
RADIUS, ATM, RBE, all that good DSL aggregation-type stuff), but the
images I've tried don't seem to support all that the navigator says they
do.

For example, 12.2(19) IP PLUS was recommended, but that doesn't let me
configure some vital details like the IP addresses and ports of my RADIUS
auth and accounting servers.

To those of you who do any similar DSL aggregation on a 7200, what IOS
version / feature set are you using, and has it been stable for you?  I
realize a 7200 isn't necessarily the ideal DSL aggregation platform, but I
have one available and they are in general a pretty solid platform.

Any advise you can offer is greatly appreciated.

jms