[nsp] C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-LPBKFAIL

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Thu Dec 4 17:16:31 EST 2003

Hi,

One of our 6500's recently starting reporting the following error messages:

Dec  4 22:07:44.043: %C6KERRDETECT-SP-2-LPBKFAIL: The in-band loopback test
between switch processor and route processor failed, count:50

The count will continue to rise until it reports:

%C6KERRDETECT-SP-4-LPBKRECOVERED: In-band loopback test between switch
processor and route processor recovered, after 545 failure

It always seems to recover after about 550 failures. Then it repeats all
over again.

Obviously it's this doesn't look good in any shape or form, but without a
TAC login I'm unable to tell how bad. On the Cisco pages it simply says:

Error Message
C6KERRDETECT-2-LPBKFAIL: The in-band loopback test between switch processor
and route processor failed, count:[dec]

Explanation
This message indicates that the system detected an unrecoverable in-band
loopback test error. [dec] is the number of times that the system detected
the failure.

Recommended Action
Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system
log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the
representative with the gathered information.

Could any shed any more light on this?

Sam