[nsp] cat 4500/Sup IV - no uRPF?

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 4 18:40:33 EST 2003

I am testing a cat 4506 w/Sup IV in layer-3 mode (i.e. as a router) and
noticed that it doesn't support unicast RPF.  This appears to be
confirmed by the following cisco document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_white_paper09186a00801b1d13.shtml

The IOS version I am running is 12.1(20)EW.  Does anyone know if there
are plans to add uRPF in a later release, or if there is any combination
of 4000/4500 hardware and/or IOS for that box that supports uRPF?

I do plan to ask my cisco rep, but I was wondering if anyone here had
any info.  uRPF is a critical feature for us in any layer-3 box.

thanks,
michael