[nsp] 12.0(26)S on 7206VXR/400s

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Dec 4 20:21:04 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 05:22:22PM -0800, Nathan Patrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to upgrade some 7206XVRs w/NPE-400s to 12.0(26)S from
> 12.0(21)S7. I know the post-ST merge code used to have many problems.
> Has anyone run into issues with this image specifically? We've got dual
> FE I/O controllers, PA-FE-TXes, PA-2T3s, PA-2Hes and a PA-4T+. We only
> need OSPF, BGP and dot1Q.

	I would watch for the increased memory utilization in
these images.

	Most notibly (the thing I gripe about the most) is the
fake-ipv6 featureset in the image.  You can go under router bgp
and try to enable v6, the commands and code is there...

	So I'd watch out for bloat related to this and other
issues.

> All reports, good or bad, are appreciated! Alternately, has anyone had
> particularly good luck with 12.0(25)S2?

	We've run the various images, but somewhere around 23S and 24S
we moved to 12.2S, starting with S3 and moving on to
12.2(18)S1 right now.  We're waiting for a few more bugfixes
that are due in 18S2 which have caused us some troubles.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net