[nsp] 12.0(26)S on 7206VXR/400s

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Dec 4 20:53:46 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:45:18PM -0500, jlewis at lewis.org wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Jared Mauch wrote:
>
> > 	We've run the various images, but somewhere around 23S and 24S
> > we moved to 12.2S, starting with S3 and moving on to
> > 12.2(18)S1 right now.  We're waiting for a few more bugfixes
> > that are due in 18S2 which have caused us some troubles.
>
> What problems have you run into in 12.2(18)S1?  I've been running
> 12.2(14)S[13] and have been playing with a 7507 next to my desk and it
> appears if I want RPR+ or SSO, I need 12.2(18)S1.  I've been giving this
> router OSPF routes and a BGP feed just to exercise it, but that's not much
> load.  I'm looking at deploying several of these in the near future,
> probably with 12.2(18)S1 at this point.

	There is a bug with the snmp counters for pps data.

	There's a whole slew of bugs on it, because Cisco can't
seem to sort through who is at fault, the platform group the driver
group, etc..

	it breaks serial interfaces.

	try one of these bugs:

	CSCec70109 or CSCec53858.

	There's also some other more cosmetic bugs such as

	CSCec24361 which will be see by rancid users.  I'm trying
		to get Cisco to test with rancid in their labs
		to detect these things and other pointless config
		reordering that they still haven't been able to
		fully explain to me.

	CSCec30784/CSCeb24174 - cosmetic but there
	CSCec24179/CSCeb12482/CSCec40432 - cosmetic but there

	then i've been trying for years to get Cisco to fix some
other bugs that are seen by rancid users, whereby the timestamp changes
on files in flash (and ata disk) whenever a DST change happens.  I've
been working on this for 2+ years and they keep fixing half the problem
to only find a new one each time the time changes.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net