[nsp] accessing the config on a 678 ADSL router

Darren Spruell sancho at sancho2k.net
Sun Dec 7 20:30:19 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a 678 ADSL router:

Cisco Broadband Operating System
CBOS (tm) 678 Software (C678-I-M), Version v2.4.8 - Release Software
Compiled Jul 24 2003 16:16:11
DMT FULL firmware version G96
NVRAM image at 0x10310f00

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to somehow save the
configuration to a remote server for backup? From what I can tell the
router doesn't have a tftp client, just a server, and I can't quite tftp
the config off of the router if I don't know which filename to retrieve...

One suggestion I found while googling was to set the client to netascii
mode and try to get 'nscfg.cfg' from the router. This just results in a
blank file for me.

Thanks in advance,

--
Darren Spruell