[nsp] accessing the config on a 678 ADSL router

Bruce Pinsky bep at whack.org
Mon Dec 8 18:13:31 EST 2003

Darren Spruell wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I have a 678 ADSL router:
|
| Cisco Broadband Operating System
| CBOS (tm) 678 Software (C678-I-M), Version v2.4.8 - Release Software
| Copyright (c) 1986-2001 by cisco Systems, Inc.
| Compiled Jul 24 2003 16:16:11
| DMT FULL firmware version G96
| NVRAM image at 0x10310f00
|
| Does anyone know if it is possible for me to somehow save the
| configuration to a remote server for backup? From what I can tell the
| router doesn't have a tftp client, just a server, and I can't quite tftp
| the config off of the router if I don't know which filename to retrieve...
|
| One suggestion I found while googling was to set the client to netascii
| mode and try to get 'nscfg.cfg' from the router. This just results in a
| blank file for me.
|
| Thanks in advance,

~ set tftp

To configure the TFTP settings.
set tftp {enabled | disabled | remote ip-address | port udp-port-number}

Syntax Description

enabled

Enables TFTP functionality

disabled

Disables TFTP functionality.

remote ip-address

Specifies the IP address for the remote location running the TFTP server.

port udp-port-number

Specifies the TFTP port number.
Command Mode

Enable
Usage Guidelines

When you tftp the configuration file to a CPE device, the file name must
start with nscfg. It can have any extension, but it must have an extension.

When you tftp from a CPE device, the configuration file can have any name.
For example:
tftp {mode {config|image|combo}|host <ip address of TFTP server>|file
<filename to store>}

- --
=========
bep