[nsp] Routing Problem: I am not sure where to begin.

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Dec 15 16:56:59 EST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 04:41:54PM -0500, Ryburn, Justin wrote:
> No, I missed that there were two different routers on the GSR side.  The
> only way I know of to do it in that setup is to do HSRP between the two
> GSRs and peer to the virtual address.  I am not personally a big fan of
> HSRP but in theory that should work.

We're talking APS protection switching.  There is no LAN here that you
could run HSRP on.

As for Jim's orignal question: I've never done POS APS, but I'd think
it *should* work.  If the interface is properly downed when the circuit is
not active, and "up/up" when it's active, I can't see a specific reason
why using the same set of IP addresses shouldn't work.

It certainly would work that way if you have "manual failover" (two serial
interfaces on two neighbouring routers, configured identically, and you
move the WAN line from one to the other).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de