[nsp] Routing Problem: I am not sure where to begin.

Jim Devane jim at powerpulse.cc
Mon Dec 15 20:17:04 EST 2003

Gert,

Thank you as well for replying.
Yes, HSRP will not work here, I agree.

I also agree that it *should* work. But dang it, I can't figure out why it
is not...especially since the SONET framing is correct and passing the
correct L1/L2 info between the routers.

(see below taken during an APS forced switch)

I did only check CEF adjacency on the RP itself. In my next window I will
check the CEF adj on the LC itself and see if there is a difference.

But other than something weird in my CEF table I cannot think of why packets
are not going through.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your response...

Jim

interface POS8/1
 description working int
 ip address 66.209.x.x 255.255.255.252
 no ip directed-broadcast
 load-interval 30
 no keepalive
 crc 16
 pos ais-shut
 aps group 20
 aps unidirectional
 aps working 1
end

sh aps
POS8/1 APS Group 20: working channel 1 (active)
        PGP timers (from protect): hello time=1; hold time=3
        SONET framing; SONET APS signalling by default
        Protect at 66.209.X.X
        Remote APS configuration: (null)

interface POS8/1
 description protect int
 ip address 66.209.x.x 255.255.255.252
 no ip directed-broadcast
 load-interval 30
 no keepalive
 crc 16
 pos ais-shut
 aps group 20
 aps unidirectional
 aps revert 1
 aps working 1
end

sh aps
POS8/1 APS Group 20: protect channel 0 (inactive)
        unidirectional (provisioned bidirectional), revertive (1 min)
        PGP timers (default): hello time=1; hold time=3
        state: (Disabled)
        authentication = (default)
        PGP versions (native/negotiated): 2/2
        SONET framing; SONET APS signalling by default
        Received K1K2: 0x00 0x04
                No Request (Null)
        Transmitted K1K2: 0x00 0x04
                No Request (Null)
        Working channel 1 at 66.209.X.X (Enabled)
        Remote APS configuration: (null)
        Reflected local configuration: (null)

FORENSIC:

#sh controllers pos8/1
POS8/1
SECTION
  LOF = 6          LOS    = 6                            BIP(B1) = 131811
LINE
  AIS = 6          RDI    = 15         FEBE = 980        BIP(B2) = 456
PATH
  AIS = 24         RDI    = 42         FEBE = 8824       BIP(B3) = 869
  LOP = 0          NEWPTR = 46         PSE  = 4          NSE     = 8

Active Defects: None
Active Alarms:  None
Alarm reporting enabled for: SF SLOS SLOF B1-TCA B2-TCA PLOP B3-TCA

Framing: SONET
APS
 protect (inactive)
  COAPS = 74         PSBF = 0
  State: PSBF_state = False
  ais_shut = TRUE
  Rx(K1/K2): 00/04 Tx(K1/K2): 00/04
  Signalling protocol: SONET APS by default

  Rx Synchronization Status S1 = 0x00
  S1S0 = 00, C2 = CF
  Remote aps status (none); Reflected local aps status (none)
CLOCK RECOVERY
  RDOOL = 0
  State: RDOOL_state = False
PATH TRACE BUFFER : STABLE
  Remote hostname : las-core02
  Remote interface: POS6/0
  Remote IP addr  : 66.209.X.X
  Remote Rx(K1/K2): 00/00  Tx(K1/K2): 00/00

BER thresholds:  SF = 10e-3  SD = 10e-6