[nsp] Trying to connect Nortel Meridian Option 11 to SL100 using Cisco voice modules

FILYURIN, YAN YAN_FILYURIN at fleet.com
Fri Dec 19 11:19:56 EST 2003

I was wondering if anyone out there had experience doing something similar.
We have Nortel Meridian option 11 in Mexico City and Sl100 in US.  What we
are trying to do is connect both devices to voice ports on Cisco High
Density Voice Network Modules on cisco 3600 routers and use connection trunk
to make voice calls.  It is T1 on the US end and E1 on Mexico end and we are
trying to use three channels.  We are using E&M wink start signaling and we
are migrating the connection from IDNX Nodes to the routers, since we have
to retire IDNX nodes.  According to our voice group they are seeing and
attempt on the Boston end to seize the channels and the signaling is wrong
so they channels become locked.  So I was wondering if I have to do
something about ABCD signaling to make sure it matches, or there is
something else that is important I am missing. Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

Yan Filyurin
Fleet Services Group
Enterprise Network Planning and Design