[nsp] Purchase Cisco IOS

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Fri Dec 19 13:50:30 EST 2003

I know this question has come up here in the past.

If I want to sell a cisco router on Ebay (or to a customer of mine) and
want to include an IOS to sell to the recipient, is there anything you can
purchase that you can give to someone else? I know there are many ways to
get IOS that are less than honest, and for what I'm considering I would
want the whole thing above board. Example router for discussion purposes
2501.

I ask on this list for 2.5 reasons.

1. I don't have the time nor patience at the moment to deal with some
cisco sales rep who will try and increase his commission to please my
passing curiosity.
2. I'm looking for the best priced suggestion from other people that work
with the routers and actually have to deal with this like I do.
2.5 I know some cisco ppl read this list and might be able to cut through
the crap faster than a sales person.

The best I can come up with from previous discussions on this list and
elsewhere would be something like store credit with some IOS reseller that
I give to the purchaser of the router.

Thanks for responses, and off list responses are fine by me. I'll post
anything useful back to the list.

Gerald