[nsp] IPv6 BGP on 12.2(18)S1

Hank Nussbacher hank at mail.iucc.ac.il
Wed Dec 24 07:45:34 EST 2003

We used to run IPv6 BGP on 12.2(8)T10 and it works fine.  We are now trying
to implement it on 12.2(18)S1 and have hit some snags.  I'm able to define
the neighbor fine but when I try:

TAU-gp1(config)#router bgp 378
TAU-gp1(config-router)#address-family ipv6
% Command incompatible with current mode

Ok.  I look at:
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801d65f7.html#18203>
and it seems to imply that one HAS TO use the command "no bgp default
ipv4-unicast" - which I am not even gone think of trying out.

12.2(8)T10 used to allow under "router bgp nnnn", the definition of IPv4
BGP, IPv4 multicast and IPv6.  This now appears to have changed.  Is there
any place where one can read about these changes and how one should
implement IPv6 BGP using the *same* ASN as the one used in IPv4 BGP?

Thanks,
Hank