[nsp] IPv6 BGP on 12.2(18)S1

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Thu Dec 25 10:40:52 EST 2003

* gert at greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) [Wed 24 Dec 2003, 15:05 CET]:
> 12.2(14)S has some problems with IPv6 and IPv4 neighbours (after reboot,
> it will assume that all IPv6 neighbours will exchange IPv4 prefixes as
> well, which can lead to some weird effects), 12.2(18)S seems to have
> that fixed.

I've run into this as well with 12.2(14)S3, haven't tried any newer
releases yet.  I've sometimes managed to convince IOS that a certain
BGP session over v6 isn't to be used for v4 routes after such a session
fails to come up due to a capability mismatch but I've found it
difficult to reproduce the exact steps needed for that, probably
due to extensive peer-group usage here...

	-- Niels.