[nsp] IPv6 BGP on 12.2(18)S1

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 25 17:05:34 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 04:40:52PM +0100, Niels Bakker wrote:
> * gert at greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) [Wed 24 Dec 2003, 15:05 CET]:
> > 12.2(14)S has some problems with IPv6 and IPv4 neighbours (after reboot,
> > it will assume that all IPv6 neighbours will exchange IPv4 prefixes as
> > well, which can lead to some weird effects), 12.2(18)S seems to have
> > that fixed.
>
> I've run into this as well with 12.2(14)S3,

Yes, all 12.2(14)S* variants seem to have it.  And worse, you can't
even say

  "address-family ipv4 unicast
     no neigh mypeergroup activate"

while there are neighbours configured in the peer-group.  Even if
everything is setup properly in advance, it will be broken after reload.

But since 12.2(18)S2 seems to be pretty solid, I consider *this* a problem
of the past... :-)  (different from all the ever-recurring counter bugs)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de