future for Cat6500 (was: re: [nsp] 6509 strange behaviour)

Vicky Mair vickyr at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 13 18:59:13 EST 2003

comments in-line:

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net]On Behalf Of Christopher
McCrory
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 1:52 PM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: future for Cat6500 (was: re: [nsp] 6509 strange behaviour)

Hello...

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 10:44, Jared Mauch wrote:
<snip>
> 	Yes, you should have all the features available in CatOS.
>
> 	I'm trying to remember when the "native ios" interface
> reached complete "feature parity" with CatOS for the 6500, but I think
> it was in 12.1(13)E.  It may have been earlier.
-----------------------
true enough.....i agree the native ios should reach some level of complete
"feature parity" before cisco drops support on catos. for example, before
they tell me sorry can't support catos (as i run hybrid in my distribution
with voice support t1/fxs...etc) i would like the same feature set ported to
native ios. the last i checked they didn't and i'm sure they are other
scenarios that i haven't touched on.

regards,
/vicky

Maybe someone from Cisco can chime in here.

What is the future of the OS for the Cat6500?

CatOS, hybrid, or pure IOS?

I imagine the CatOS will be around for awhile, but it seems to me the
future is pure IOS.  yes? no? maybe?

--
Christopher McCrory

chrismcc at pricegrabber.com