[nsp] limits to CEF per-packet load sharing?

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Thu Feb 13 23:26:51 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Edward Henigin wrote:

:Has anyone run into any limits over the number of interfaces that
:CEF per-packet load sharing will work?

This depends largely on your other loads, but:

:I've got a customer who wants 10 T1's (please, just don't ask :)
:and we're pondering using MLPPP or CEF per-packet load sharing.
:What's the most # of interfaces you've ever run CEF per-packet
:load sharing, and seen it work well?

How is this more cost-effective than simply doing rate-limited ds3?

cheers,
brian