[nsp] PPTP issues through 2600

Z z at wotb.org
Fri Feb 14 11:58:05 EST 2003

Hey list,

   Do you have to have a certain IOS version to pass PPTP traffic
through a 2600 series router?

   I have a 2600 that has the 'sh ppp mppe' command and connecting
to the same PPTP gateway on the Internet ( government site ) just
fine.   On that 2600 that my clients can connect to just fine I'm
running Version 12.1(5)T9.

   In another city my clients have a very similar setup and they get
disconnected while trying to connect ( no filters on the site we're
connecting to ).   The IOS version I'm running on the routers that
don't seem to want to pass the PPTP traffic or something is:
12.0(5)T1 and 12.1(7b).

   The two routers that don't pass the traffic it seems don't
exhibit the 'sh ppp mppe' command.  Note that I don't use PPTP on
the router itself, just noticed that the one that is working has
some sort of PPTP-ish commands available but I don't know if it
would effect passing that traffic through the router itself.

TIA on any insight,

.z