[nsp] VLANs on 2948G-L3

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Feb 26 12:23:19 EST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:49:26PM -0500, Dave [Hawk-Systems] wrote:
> We are looking to terminate several Fast Ethernet links which bring in a VLAN
> for all our DSL clients, and VLANS for other clients who are conencting from our
> Bell ATM cloud.  Briefly reviewing the 2948G-L3 specs and details as a potential

Stay away from the 2948G-L3.

It's EOL, it is lacking some important bug fixes (like for the recent
OSPF overflow bug), and for quite some people, this box is not stable -
sometimes it just crashes and needs to be manually rebooted.

(We had the box RMAed two times already, and it still crashes about once
a month).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de