[nsp] Auto Replys

Ryan O'Connell ryan-nsp at complicity.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 18:47:17 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:14:03 -0800 "Voll, Scott" <Scott.Voll at wesd.org> wrote:
> Does everyone get auto replys when they send a message?

Yes.

> what a pain?

Indeed. People using Auto-replies should make sure their mail system
honours the "Precidence: List" header and not send out of office replies.
(Or just don't use autoreplies if you're on Exchange unless you admin
disables this to external addresse - it's broken)

> Is there something I can do to stop it on my end?

A while ago the list admin posted to the list and people who responded with
out-of-office autoreplies were unsubscribed. I don't know if he plans to do
it again, at the time (Christmas) the number of replies was getting silly.
(20-30 OOO replies to one message)

--
      Ryan O'Connell
Mail: ryan at complicity.co.uk